Sunday 11 November 2012

a fair bazaar

I am utterly devastated with myself on account of my poor blog updating skills. I live a fast pace, busy lifestyle filled with much indulgence and partial regret. The truth is...where I have really been, is my home town. Hiding away from the world. I spend my days working out at the the local gym, working from home and then shooting the breeze (there is nothing much else to do here really). Except for one thing that occurs every bi weekly - the Howick Falls Flee Market.

It's a deliciously kitsch market hosting an array of arbitrary, old and useless goods. One stall had (on one table) jams, honeys, baked goods and BB guns. Everything you need for your average house hold really. They did sell koeksisters which I like, Dennis not so much. This was  his face after his very first taste of what really (and unfortunately) is the most sickening fattening pastry good, drenched in syrup.


It must be mentioned that this market comes complete with a music stand playing 80s classics to go with my favourite good spotted for the day - the books.


Ah yes, the relaxed hotstess. Just look at her all relaxed and shoulder padded. Her hair is looking a bit tense up in that soft serve swirl but other than that she looks so relaxed it's frightening. First rule of hosting though, is that you shouldn't really be sitting around when you have guests to entertain. I do love the Microsoft Word art banner half moon 'cresecented' above her head. And she has a pearl necklace, pfffffttttt.


Nothing says a marriage like a lacy headpiece, a perm (for him) and an oval shaped photo to bring it all together!


It's funny.


Affair-proof? For the low and unbelievable price of R12 you can make your marriage affair-proof! I don't see how anyone can resist the outfits of these two, surely an affair is just around the corner waiting to snatch up those pink pants and 'snow, informer' hair cut.


Creative ideas! I just love a bit of creative ideas! What I love even more than creative ideas is a lamp that matches my curtains that match my flowers. I also love children wearing thick knitted jerseys looking constipated next to some bunnies. Lastly, but certainly not leastly the pers and flowery shirt accompanied by a slick side doo and killer clip on earings.


Everybody loves a handy woman!


Some old school books on livin and lovin...and not trimmin'.

If books aren't you thing, you can always take a browse around the antique stores where you can find ancient nostalgic collectibles from as far back as you can think... Maybe even as far back as 1991 when the Dinosaurs TV show started!


All jokes aside, a positively quaint market indeed. If you aren't into flee markets, you can always over dress and have a photo shoot with your mother by the falls.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.