Tuesday 18 September 2012

look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under



I love being the centre of attention. Which is probably why I was the first person to put my hand up when the hypnotist asked for volunteers. I ran up onto the stage and was the only one there for a while until a couple more people peeled themselves away from their tables and onto the stage. There were about 15 of us that got hypnotised by being told to close our eyes, relax and pretend there was a heavy brick in one hand and a light balloon in the other. Apparently the way one can tell if one is actually hypnotised is if their hands start to drift apart accordingly. Heavy brick hand down and light balloon hand up.

Anyway, I was totally conscious throughout this whole "your one hand is getting heavier and heavier" bit waiting for something to happen but nothing did. I carried on listening to what he was saying, waiting for something to happen but again, nothing did. Eventually I hear him telling some people to go sit back down at their tables. These were the ones who he could tell weren't actually hypnotised. Seeing as I wasn't, I waited for him to prompt me to leave the stage.

"Ladies and gentleman! This is your entertainment for tonight!" (crowd cheers)
"Ummmmm.... what? Hang on hang on!" I say to myself. "I'm not hypnotised"

What must one do in such a situation? I didn't want to embarrass the guy in front of all these people making them think he was a rubbish hypnotist. I also didn't want to leave the stage, because I like it there. So I decided to go with it.

I remember everything we were told to do starting with being asked to play the piano like we were Chuck Berry. He asked us to play with piano with our hands and then feet and then head and then our favourite body part. Yes - I jumped up and started to bump and grind with my favourite body part. The audience were in stitches and I managed to keep a straight face the whole time. The blinding lights hiding the audience faces always helps with that.

It wasn't easy throwing myself across the stage at some times. He told us that when we woke, he would be invisible and all we would see is the object in his hand. So when he came out with an ostrich puppet, pram and ghost sheet I had to join in with the others and pretend to be scared. When he touched my shoulder and said "sleep" I had to dramatically drop my head on the person next to me as if he had control of me. That was kinda hard not to laugh at. I kept thinking to myself "what the hell am I doing?"

He told us to see a big movie screen out in the audience with a sad then happy then action and then blue movie playing. That was great.  I thought it would be good to look very excited when the blue movie came on when everyone else was looking very embarrassed.

The very last thing he told us to do is that when we went back to our seats after the show he would say a word and it would make us (without being able to stop it) shout "I DO BELIEVE IN FAIRIES!". When the show was over I went back to my seat and eventually he said the word... All the others shouted "I DO BELIEVE IN FAIRIES!" except me. Seeing as I was the star of the show (hair flick hair flick) everyone instantly looked at me. I couldn't break character now so I joined in chant.

No one after the show believed me when I said I wasn't hypnotised. How could anyone in their right mind pretend to be hypnotised and do all the things we were told to do in a conscious state? I guess if you read my other blog posts that question is answered.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.